Coconut oil is known for having tons of health benefits which is why it is a popular choice for cooking at high temperatures, such as for searing, frying or baking. Outside of cooking, coconut oil can be used in numerous ways to including to improve beauty or help clean. Here are 25 great Do It Yourself ways to use coconut oil in your home.
1. ?Boost Eyelash and Eyebrow Growth– Combine equal parts of coconut oil and castor oil and mix them in a small bowl.
Dip a clean mascara brush dip the mixture and apply onto your eyelashes or eyebrows. The coconut oil will help to lengthen your hair, while the castor oil helps to thicken hair.
2. ?Nourish Your Hair With A Deep Conditioner– Heat 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave until it is a warm liquid. Once it has cooled place coconut oil your hair and comb through your hair. Gather your hair into a bun and wash out after 30 minutes, or leave it in overnight and wash your hair in the morning.
3. ?Remove Eye Makeup– Place a small amount of coconut oil onto a cotton swab to remove eye makeup, even water proof eye makeup. As an added bonus the coconut oil will help to boost your eyelash growth.
4. ?Get Glowing Skin And Remove Cellulite-Combine coconut oil with ground coffee and sea salt in a small bowl and apply a small amount of the mixture on your skin. Gently rub the exfoliating body scrub on your skin and then rinse.
5. ?Moisturize Your Face And Body– Coconut oil is an incredible hydrating moisturizer that you can use on your face or body that is much more hydrating than average lotions because the coconut oil penetrates deep layers of the skin to help to strengthen underlying tissues
6. ?Get Kissable Lips– Mix together equal parts coconut oil and white granulated sugar or brown sugar together with one drop of vanilla extract in a small resealable container to create a sweet smelling lip scrub that will solve your dry lip woes by leaving your lips super soft.
7. ?Avoid Razor Burn While Shaving– Replace store bought shaving creams by rubbing a generous amount of coconut oil mixed with shea butter and almond oil on your skin for a DIY natural shaving cream before shaving to get smooth razor burn-free skin.
8. ?Clean Your Makeup Brushes– It is important to keep your makeup brushes clean to prevent applying bacteria to your face while applying makeup. Once a week mix antibacterial dish soap with coconut oil in a glass and dip your brushes into the mixture. Remove your brush from the glass and blot the brush onto a paper towel to remove the makeup. Next rinse the brush with clean water, reshape the bristles and allow the brushes to dry overnight.
9. ?Fight Off Mosquitoes– Mix together coconut oil with peppermint oil extract for a natural bug repellent that will keep the mosquitoes away.
10. ?Fight Under Eye Wrinkles– Ditch the expensive under eye creams as coconut oil can be gently applied to the delicate skin around your eyes to reduce fine wrinkles and encourage the production of collagen which helps for more youthful skin.
11. ?Prevent And Treat Stretch Marks– While pregnant apply coconut oil onto the skin to help prevent stretch marks, or apply it after pregnancy to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
12. ?Get Beach Wave Hair– In a spray bottle mix 1 cups of hot water with 1 tsp. ?of sea salt, 1 tsp. of coconut oil and 1 tsp of hair gel to get a homemade spray to give your hair beautiful beach wave hair.
13. ?Condition Your Cutting Board– Rub coconut oil into the surface of your wooden cutting board to keep it from looking dull
15. ?Get Shiny Leaves On Your Plants– Instead of using chemical leaf shine products use a small amount of liquid coconut oil on household plants to get shiny leaves.
16. ?Season A Cast Iron Pan– Protect your cast iron pan by seasoning it with coconut oil.
17. ?Remove Price Stickers– Skip the Goo Be Gone and mix together coconut oil and baking soda and apply onto products to remove the sticky residue left from removed price stickers.
18. ?Shine Your Leather Shoes And Jacket– Rub some coconut oil onto your leather shoes or jacket to condition the leather and add shine.
19. ?Fight Bug Bite Itch– Apply coconut oil to bug bites to reduce itching and help speed up the healing of the skin.
20. ?Use It As a Lubricant- ?Coconut oil can be used between the sheets as a lubricant according to experts. The only caution you need to take coconut oil can weaken latex condoms, so skip to polyurethane condoms instead.